Saturday, February 28, 2009

Phoenix

Hello, hello! I know it's been quite a few months since I've posted on here! There are lots of reasons for this - I took on a second job (now I'm working 60-70 hours a week), I applied for graduate school, I took the GREs, and I've moved. However, the main reason I haven't written in my running blog is that I unfortunately haven't been running. A few short weeks after my triumphant marathon relay, I was doing an easy 5k and somehow threw out my knee. Thus, my running came to a screeching halt as I recovered. Sadness. :( I never knew how much I grew to like running until I wasn't allowed to do it anymore.

However, I have risen from the ashes of grad school applications, work, and injuries to return to running this week! Woo-hoo! I have been on two easy runs - 1.5 miles and 2 miles respectively - which were nice. I wanted to go further, but I don't want to push myself too fast. I told myself that when I first started running this summer, I could only run 5 minutes before having to stop. So, if starting over the second time I can already run 1.5 miles without stopping, I'm doing pretty good. It is a tad crazy how out of shape you can get so quickly though! Anyway, I also splurged and went to a running store and got fitted for high quality running shoes. Now, I figure I'm definitively stuck running. :)

I was planning to go running tomorrow afternoon, but apparently NC is supposed to get slammed with snow??? In March??? Crazy weather! Anyway, I will try and do a better job now of keeping back up with the blog! :)

4 comments:

SuperDave said...

Who are you? I don't remember?

SuperDave said...

haha just kiddin!
LISA!
Good to see you back running again.
I backed off on the blogging a few months back myself. Just too busy to do updates. I've been working 80+ hrs a week for the last 3 months. Busy at the hospital and my practise.
Money always comes first. Gotta have it to live, right?
Just cuz you aren't running doesn't mean you have to drop off the face of the earth!
Good to hear from you again, don't be such a stranger next time, ya hear?
;)

Beth said...

Phoenix?

RunningTarheel said...

Yup! Like the mythical bird though, not the city. :)