Tuesday, March 24, 2009

They see me rollin'

I'm quite excited today because I finished a hilly four mile run in 43 minutes! The trail is more commonly used by bikers, and I had no clue quite how hilly it was, but somehow I busted it out. It makes me hopeful that on a flat course, I might be able to get my 5k time to under 30 minutes. However, I realized I have been using my Nike+ for the past little while un-calibrated, which probably means I'm quite a bit slower than my Ipod is telling me. I try not to think about it though, because that means I'm even further away from constantly being able to run under 10 minute miles. Alas. I think on my Thursday run, I'm going to start trying to incorporate fartlek into my training so I can build my speed. I'm also looking for a good hill nearby that I can use for training. So far, I haven't found anything that suits my need. The search continues... :)

In more good news, I have my next race determined. I'm going to run the Port to Fort 6k in Baltimore when I go up to visit grad schools in April. I have some good friends running in it too, so it should be quite fun! I'll hoping to locate a 10k to run sometime in late May/early June too, so I can increase my distance for my 1/2 in October. So far away, but yet so close...

No comments: