Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Running Injury

As trivial as it may be, I do have my first real "running injury" with the huge abrasion/absence-of-skin on my right ankle/heel. It runs along my achilles tendon near my heel and is ridiculously painful. So, I've heard of this miracle moleskin that you can apply around the area (or over it if there is a Band-Aid covering the wound) that will prevent future rubbing injuries to the backs of my heels. Sound like an investment I’ll happily make today since I believe I am going to try the 5am running again tomorrow. Craziness, I know.

Also, today starts day 1 of my 100 push up plan. I’ll be sure to blog about that tomorrow – if my arms didn’t fall off before then anyway. For my day off of running today, I am also going to go down to the AVAM because it’s on my list of “Must do Baltimore-ness” before I leave. I’m really excited about the exhibit “All Faiths Beautiful” because I’ve heard nothing but gushes about it since it debuted. So, besides cranking out some pushups, today should be a pretty easy day. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am still in shock that you are getting up at 5am to run.

My older sister is moving away from Baltimore in a few months & I still can think of tons of stuff I would like to see.

:)