Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Beginnings?

I have this bad habit of starting blogs and losing interest after about a month. The funny thing is, most of my exercise plans end up the same way. However, life is starting to intervene in new ways such as being a bridesmaid for my brother and friend, as well as prompting a move back to NC, which inevitably means that I’m leaving behind friends (not to mention my friends that have already moved on themselves to places like CA, MN, WA, and PA). Throw in a commitment to run 6-7.3 miles as part of a Baltimore marathon relay team, and you get my current drive to start something new.

In the wise words of an old monkey, "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it." (Yes, I can relate everything back to the Lion King. It’s a rare gift). So, even though in the past I've typically failed to continue exercising or keeping up with friends afar, I’m going to run from that past... by literally running (and blogging!). Thus, this blog is two-fold: a way to keep up with friends and a way to document my running in hopes of keeping myself accountable (in case committing to run 7ish miles in October isn’t keeping me accountable enough). We'll see how this goes. Hakuna Matata, right? :)

No comments: