Friday, July 25, 2008

Pondering Push-Ups

Yesterday was my day off from running, so instead I went to Target and bought some things for my own non-existent bathroom. The stuff was on clearance, what can I say? :) I should be able to put it to good use before too long.

I was hopeful to go running this morning; however, when I woke up at 5am it was pitch black outside. I also realized that I never told anyone I was planning to run in the morning. Thus, I figured the combination of the two probably wasn't safe. Next time, I'll try and let my housemate know in advance so someone knows where I am. I have a softball game this afternoon, so I'm going to assume that I'll probably run tomorrow. Actually, I'm not assuming, I AM running tomorrow. I have an itch to try and beat my last 5k time.

I am also pondering doing another program simply called one hundred pushups. In 6 weeks I should be able to do 100 pushups in a row, which seems crazy to me, but hey, so does running 6 miles straight, right? I need to do the initial test, and then perhaps next week I'll start incorporating it into my workout schedule on my off running days. Fun times indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The 100 Push-Ups program actually sounds like a really good idea. You should definitely do this. I'll even do it too and then we can encourage each other to finish. You can do it! And all your training is going to make you feel SO good. Good luck with the training!